10 Ways to Maximize Your One-person Content Marketing Team
When asked how content marketing is structured within their organization, a whopping 55 percent of B2B business owners said they have a small (or on-person) content marketing team that serves the entire organization.
I get it. Budget balancing and/or a lack of internal bandwidth can make it exceedingly difficult to support a centralized content marketing team. It’s not easy but, if approached correctly, one dedicated person can have as much content marketing impact as a group. The goal, of course, is to graduate to a larger team structure down the road; however, for the time being, it’s possible for companies to not only survive with a one-person team, but thrive.
With that being said, here’s the ultimate list of resources every small (or one-person) content marketing team will love. From cheat sheets to templates to Q&A’s, these 10 ideas will get you started and keep you going…
- 10 Ways to Become Highly Successful at Content Marketing: Wherever you fall on the spectrum—sophisticated, adolescent or first steps—this blog offers 10 statistically proven ways to become a content marketing pro.
- Driving Success at Every Content Marketing Maturity Level: Here’s a breakdown of recommended (and doable!) steps that can be taken based on content marketing maturity level: first steps, adolescent, mature or sophisticated.
- A Fast and Easy Way to Create Your Target Audience: Gain a better understanding of who your target audience is by having a finger on the pulse of multiple buyer personas within your target audience.
- Follow These 3 Rules and You’ll Always Know How Much Content to Publish Each Month: Leading organizations are producing more content year-over-year. Here’s how you can ensure you’re publishing the perfect amount of content each month (hint: there is such a thing as overdoing it).
- SEO for Beginners: An Expert Q&A for Getting Started: For a small or one-person team, this SEO Q&A should do wonders. If not, stay tuned for a Q&A coming up on advanced SEO.
- Limited on Time and Funds? Here’s the Ultimate Content Marketing Cheat Sheet: Blogging, social media, imagery…here’s a quick cheat sheet to help you either get things off the ground or reevaluate your strategy.
- How to Repurpose Content and Maximize Your Marketing Budget: For a small or one-person team, repurposing great content is the golden ticket. Here’s how to effectively do so.
- Three Things You Can Do Right Now to Increase Your Brand’s Social Presence: Whether it’s creating a thought leader chart, investing in greater (yet cost-efficient) social media management tools, or diversifying your social content, there are plenty of things a one-person content marketing team can begin doing now to better compete with social.
- The Easy Way to Get Started with eNewsletters: Over 80 percent of marketers use eNewsletters today. Here’s how even the smallest content marketing team can quickly and successfully get on board.
- Got Something Coming Up? Here’s A Quick and Easy Way to Promote It [TEMPLATE]: Here’s a go-to marketing plan for when a big piece of news falls on someone’s desk.
Here’s to all the small/one-person content marketing teams holding it down. You’ve got this!